A lot of us know our rights as citizens but what about our online rights as online internet citizens? With so many people from all over the world intermingling what are your rights if you needed them? It’s important to know that everyone has rights in one form or fashion and you should know them or at least know where to go in order to obtain them if you should happen to need them especially if you are a creator and are going to post them online.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation or EFF is one such entity you should learn about for just such occasions. The EFF are an organization that helps champion people’s rights in regards to online video. For those that are interested, here are some links recommended for online video professionals and digital content creators to check out to understand how Fair Use works with online video, and know more of what your rights are:
- “Know Your Digital Rights” guide to your constitutional liberties.
- “Fair Use Principles for User Generated Video Content.”
- No Downtime for Free Speech Campaign
- A Guide to YouTube Removals – what you need to know if your video was removed from YouTube, and how you can take action to get it back up.
- “Takedown Hall of Shame” – where they publish videos of the worst abuses of attempted take downs of others legally-protected content.