QR codes may possibly be the next big mobile marketing tool coming our way. They are codes that you can find on business cards and promotional material. These codes are scanned via cell phones by taking photos of the code and processing it. The message from the code is immediately transferred to the smart phone and it can come in the form of a URL website, general texted information, or any other form of creative content that can be viewed from a smart phone. With all of its potential, QR codes provide an additional channel to share social media content. The information that is shared can be a YouTube channel, all of your twitter and Facebook information, or maybe even your live tweets.
Here are some tips for implementing QR codes into your business and marketing plans:
- -Figure out what content you want to be shared
- -Make sure that the content is relevant
- -Visit QR generators like Kaywa, Zxing Project, delivr, QR Stuff, or Maestro.com
- -Once you are on the sites choose your form of QR code
- -Use the simple to use form of linking the code to external information
- -Before you are finished make sure that the code works!
- -Once it has been proofed, go ahead and share your code
- -You can share it on business cards, resumes, flyers, t-shirts, or anything you want
Courtesy of mashable.com