I love the fact that we have a company culture that cares not only on improving ourselves but also others. Wellness and health are things that I have neglected for many many years. However, I am starting to make positive and long lasting changes for a better future. So in the spirit of wellness and health I wanted to share with you a recipe I recently tried that was both flavorful and delicious.
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint or parsley
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Stir in tomato and remaining ingredients. Cover; let stand 1 hour. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Recipe from myrecipies October 1999